Amazing Benefits of Puzzles Toddlers and Young ChildrenV8media-Admin
The satisfaction of placing the final piece of the puzzle is truly timeless. From adults working on their latest 2,000 piece project to children embarking on a journey to figuring out their very first puzzle – these fun tests of endurance really are something the entire family can enjoy together. But the delight of it all isn’t the only thing that attracts parents to puzzles for kids.
Believe it or not, as children play with puzzles, they also develop various critical thinking and problem-solving skills – and they won’t even be aware of it. As a result, puzzle benefits allow children to reap the rewards of expanding early learning principles.
In this article, we’re going to dive into the benefits of doing puzzles for toddlers and young children so you’re able to get a better idea of just how indispensable puzzle benefits can be in your little one’s upbringing.
Without further ado, let’s get started!
Benefits of Doing Puzzles for Young Children
Puzzles serve as a fantastic educational tool, and are an excellent way to keep your toddler or young child entertained. They allow our little ones to exercise their minds and challenge their thinking.
With this in mind, let’s take a deeper dive into the benefits of doing puzzles in early childhood development.
Puzzles for young children can help to increase their spacial visual awareness. In addition to this, they also encourage a deeper understanding of topics and themes. These themes and topics can cover various subjects like shapes, numbers, colours, and even letters in the alphabet. Consequently, puzzles can be a valuable tool when it comes to helping your young child or toddler better understand and memorise certain concepts as they grow up.
Fine Motor Skills and Movements
When your child starts to properly use the small muscles of their tiny toes, fingers, wrists, lips, and tongues – they begin to develop their fine motor skills. One of the best puzzle benefits is that it helps to develop and refine these very crucial skills. When your little one plays with puzzles, they are required to pinch, pick up, grasp, and move pieces around in order to fit, sort, and solve the puzzle. Ultimately, this all helps to enhance their fine motor skills.
If your little one wants to become victorious in completing their puzzle, they’ll have to think and create powerful strategies in order to achieve the goal set out in their mind. Although it seems very easy, this process is what will help your young child or toddler develop reasoning, logic, and problem-solving skills. Eventually, this is going to help them reach a solution. This is a crucial skill that your child will carry on into their adult life -so it’s essential to introduce puzzles for kids at an early age.
Hand-eye coordination is a necessary skill for children to master early on, and puzzles will help lead the way. Puzzles help toddlers and young children learn to think critically, which ultimately develops a strong connection between the hands and eyes. As your little one tries to figure out the mystery, they will handle different pieces and establish a strong relationship between their eyes and hands to recognize the objects and envision how it will look to make the piece fit.
Once your child completes the puzzle, they’re going to feel triumphant. Puzzles for toddlers and kids will help them develop positive self-esteem as they set small goals, and achieve them one by one. We know just how amazing it feels when we overcome the challenges of completing a really tough level in a game -and it stands the same for puzzles.
It’s going to provide your little one with the ultimate confidence boost, and will prepare them to overcome other challenges throughout their life.
One of the best benefits of doing puzzles for young children is that it builds on their social development skills. Puzzles for kids provide fantastic opportunities for children to work together to accomplish a greater goal. Consequently, this enhances and promotes cooperative play. In fact, various studies have shown that a child’s brain development is influenced massively when they act in or manipulate the environment around them.
The Next Step in Puzzle Building
At SweetStix Toys we believe that the next step in puzzling lies within creating a wide range of variations of the puzzle itself.
We aim to help your child develop in the best way we know how -through fun and games. That’s why we offer multiple solutions with each puzzle that allow your little one to reap the rewards of all the benefits above, and so much more.
Let’s check out what’s on offer:
- The Peg Puzzle – Our peg range work as fantastic puzzles for toddlers. The knobs themselves encourage a grip that uses the tip of your toddler’s fingers and closely mirrors the grasp needed for writing. Toddlers who use knob puzzles like the farm peg build their hand muscles and coordination required for good grip and strong writing.
- Puzzles for Young Children – Our 12pc puzzles are fantastic for young children. They boast a beautiful, fun design and bright colours that can keep your little one entertained for hours. Available in a wide range of themes and designs, your tiny tot will be spoiled for choice.
- Multiple Puzzle Set – This 6-In-A-Box puzzle is a fantastic starter puzzle for 2+ kids. The My First Animal Puzzle contains six brightly coloured animals that children will learn to easily recognize as they piece the puzzle together. There are six individual puzzles with a small (non-puzzle) version of the image for them to see what the completed puzzle looks like. Build one of the six different animal puzzles, including an elephant, lion, monkey, hippo, alligator or zebra.
- Themed Puzzle –Your kids will love putting this peg puzzle together by placing each wooden puzzle piece over the matching picture on the puzzle board. This 9-piece wooden puzzle features easy-grasp pegs and promotes hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, and problem-solving skills.
- Alphabet Puzzle – In general, alphabet toys are designed to make learning the alphabet super entertaining and enjoyable. Understanding the alphabet is such an important developmental milestone, and should begin early in your child’s life. With our alphabet puzzle for young children, they’re able to take the first step towards literacy and reading.
With all of the beautiful designs and various colours on offer in our puzzles, your little one will start to experience multiple solutions and experience true creative freedom.
There really is no mistaking the benefits of doing puzzles in childhood development. We used them, our parents used them, our parent’s parents used them… you get the idea.
It’s time to get learning!